IRA Charitable Rollover
If you are 70 1/2 years of age or older, you can take advantage of a simple way to benefit Cedar Falls Schools Foundation and receive tax benefits in return. The IRA charitable rollover, or qualified charitable distribution (QCD), is popular gift option.
Benefits of an IRA Charitable Rollover
- Give any amount up to $100,000 per year from your IRA directly to us without having to pay income taxes on the money
- May satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
How to make an IRA Charitable Rollover
1. Ask your IRA administrator to send a check from your account to us (to be tax-free, the donation must go directly from your account to Cedar Falls Schools Foundation). You may need the following information:
Legal Name: Cedar Falls Community Schools Foundation
Address: 602 Main Street, Cedar Falls IA 50613
Federal Tax ID Number: 20-4287931
2. If you would like to specify a specific fund to support, please either make a note when you request the check or contact us.
3. An IRA charitable rollover gift does not qualify for a charitable deduction. If you provide your contact information with the gift, you will still receive a thank you note from us, but it will not be a tax receipt.
Questions? I'm Here to Help.
Monica Boyer, Executive Director
Cedar Falls Schools Foundation
602 Main Street
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613