How We Achieve Excellence in Education
In continuing our charge to provide our students with a high-quality education, we embrace change as it represents the world our students will enter as they continue their life’s journey. To keep our students prepared, we emphasize college and career readiness with the development of critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
Along with cognitive development, we aim for our students to remain well-rounded individuals by providing them with numerous opportunities to excel in academics, arts, athletics, and other activities.
This message stays true in our classrooms. Students are held to a high academic standard and challenged with a curriculum filled with rigor and relevance. Our educators remain committed to student achievement each day, and continually propel our students further after initial goals have been reached.
Our entire learning community remains dedicated to our vision of academic excellence for all students while remaining one of the best school districts in the state. With innovation, focus, and rigor anything can be achieved at Cedar Falls Schools!
We accomplish this in several ways:
- We have a tremendous staff. They are focused on educating all students to reach their highest levels. Over 53% of our staff has a Master’s Degree, which epitomizes their dedication to lifelong learning.
- Our commitment to professional development fostered on Professional Learning Communities (PLC) provides a pathway to greater student success. Deep discussions on student data, pedagogies/teaching strategies and collaboration are the key cornerstone for our PLC work to improve instruction, enhance student achievement, and continue to focus on Student by Student, Skill by Skill.
- We continue to enhance and explore options for 21st-century school infrastructure. Facilities allow for better learning environments to teach and learn. The district has invested millions of dollars to continue to provide outstanding learning environments.
- As stated in our mission statement, creating caring and responsible citizens is extremely important in the Cedar Falls Community School District. We work diligently with the community and provide students opportunities to be involved in service-learning and civic activities, to build leadership and foster responsibility regarding citizenship and giving back to the community.
- Finally, the community, and especially our parents, see the vital importance of excellent relationships, engagement, and focusing on the future to gain greater success. The strength of our district is reflective of the vitality and collaboration with our community, parents, business/industry, and all stakeholders.
The Cedar Falls Community School District is the 17th largest in the state of Iowa, serving more than 5,300 students. As one of the largest employers in Black Hawk County, the school district has nearly 800 employees; full and part time.