How to Apply
All applicants must apply electronically, paper submissions will not be considered. Please read the Disclosure Statement before proceeding.
Positions are open until filled. The District reserves the right to close any job posting when a suitable applicant has been found, which may occur before the anticipated application deadline. Completed files will be considered “active” for one year. Pre-employment drug testing, as well as post-employment reasonable suspicion drug and/or alcohol testing, will be performed. Bus drivers and drivers requiring a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) will be subject to pre-employment and post-employment random drug and alcohol testing as required by law.
Applicants for positions requiring state licensure or authorizations are responsible for ensuring they possess or can attain the requisite certification. Applicants must submit:
- Application form
- Cover letter
- Names of three (3) work-related references including at least one (1) from the most recent supervisor. Applicants for Administrator or Teaching positions should submit three (3) letters of recommendation from professionals familiar with their work, including one (1) from the most recent supervisor.
Substitutes: Applicants applying to be a substitute teacher and/or substitute paraeducator should also stop at the Administration Office (1002 West First Street, Cedar Falls) and pick up a substitute packet which includes employment forms you will need to provide to complete the application process. If you have questions, please call Human Resources at 319-553-2443.
Screening and Selection Process:
- Once an application is submitted, applicants will not be contacted by the District unless being considered for an interview.
- Applicants with complete files will be screened by the Administrator or Supervisor in whose area the vacancy exists.
- A shortlist of candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The selected candidate will be offered the position, or in the case of teaching and administrative vacancies, informed that a recommendation for employment will be presented to the Board of Education.
- Candidates selected or recommended for employment will undergo a background check.
- All interviewed candidates will be informed once the position has been filled.
By submitting an electronic application, the applicant will be considered to have certified, agreed upon, and authorized all statements contained in the application and related materials as being true, accurate and complete. In addition, by such electronic submission, the applicant is bound by all elements of the Applicant’s Acknowledgement and Agreement section of the application form including consent to the release of all necessary information by government entities, former employers and personal references for the conduct of background checking including, but not limited to: a criminal records check. Electronic submission will be considered equivalent to an original handwritten signature or a paper copy of the application.
To review openings and begin an application, click on Current Job Openings