Last revised: April 7, 2014
Public Participation in Board Meetings
Public Comment will:
- Be held at the beginning of the Board meeting, following roll call of members, and prior to the Consent Agenda.
- Be limited to three (3) minutes in length, per person.
- Be allowed for individuals who have contacted and received approval to speak, from the Board President and/or Superintendent by 4:00 p.m. the day of the Board meeting.
- Be allowed for interested citizens to present comments, suggestions or concerns, even if they are not on the agenda. However, an item must be included on the agenda before the board can officially act upon it. If not on the agenda, a community member will need to follow the regulations for an item to be placed on the agenda and contact the Board president and/or the Superintendent no later than Thursday prior to a regular meeting of the Board. Citizens are encouraged to communicate with Cedar Falls educators and school board members. If you have a concern, the best place to begin is with those directly involved and responsible, usually at the specific school: the teacher and/or principal. It is there that most problems can be quickly and productively resolved. If questions still remain, please contact the superintendent, or designee.
- Not be a dialogue, simply a time individuals can provide comments to the Board.
Date of Adoption
November 25, 2013
Date of Revision
April 7, 2014