Get Involved in your Child's Education
Tips for Parents
Ten things a parent can do to encourage a successful school experience:
- Provide a space for doing homework and a specific time for study.
- Participate in parent/teacher organization, booster meetings, school activities, information programs, conferences and open house.
- Maintain communication with your child's teachers and counselor.
- Surround your child with books and reading.
- Encourage your child to explore the world outside the classroom.
- Provide a positive example for your child of the behavior you expect.
- Listen to your child's unspoken as well as spoken words.
- Actively maintain communication with your child so that he/she is comfortable discussing sensitive issues.
- Celebrate the successes and recognize that failure is a part of the learning process.
- Demonstrate your love for your child by your acceptance, respect, and commitment.